Who We Are
We are a unique CPA firm with the mission to serve entrepreneurs for their total success in their family, business, and social contribution. We focus on creating fundamental, comprehensive, lasting solutions with our strategic, systematic, and proactive approach to tax and financial planning and accounting services for entrepreneurial businesses and organizations.
Meet Our Team
The key to our success is attracting and developing great people. We focus on training, mentoring, and coaching so our people can grow with their technical skills, as well as project management, client communication, team collaboration, creativity and leadership skills. We take care of our people with 401k plans etc. for long term financial security.
HZ CPAs & Advisors is a cloud based, collaborative platform for entrepreneurial, service-based businesses, working with our professionals virtually, empowering entrepreneurs in managing their growth with peace of mind, freedom, and power with innovative, effective, and efficient services. We have built a small but powerful team that makes a huge positive impact by providing world-class accounting, auditing, tax, planning and consulting services to a group of innovative, passionate, and impact minded entrepreneur-heroes. Those clients have generated lasting economic and social impact in real-world results. We are a fun culture taking time to celebrate every accomplishment moment by moment.
We are now seeking an innovative, energetic and collaborative Client Accounting and Finance Manager to support the daily operations for our clients – our dear entrepreneurs and their growing entrepreneurial companies.
We’re not looking for temporary help… this is a first part-time, virtual employee position with huge growth opportunities. If you’re the right person, we want to invest in you, and we want you to be with us for the long haul. You’ll have flexible hours. What matters is impeccable, timely work result – we prize flexibility and we’re very project based. Most interaction with clients will be through www.hzcpas.com’s interactive scheduling and videoconference tools. In rare case, you may be required to travel to client location.
The Client Accounting and Finance Manager will work as a key team member that provides a broad range of administrative, financial, and management work and reporting.
This is a role that requires a strong accounting background, as well as strong analytical and reporting skills. In addition to keeping the books in meticulous order, you’ll need to be able to pull data for multiple sources (such as Quickbooks, CRMs, service operation applications etc.) and create accurate, flawless, and beautiful reports in Excel (or other appropriate tools) to give key business insights to team members. It is even better if you can systematically integrate different systems with your information system skills. You must be very good at QBO and able to set up chart of accounts to tell the story of the client’s business and be able to set rules for book keeping. Our goal is to systematically automate as much as possible the routine work and use our time for strategic advisory to create value for clients. We also integrate systems as much as possible such as Bill.com, QBO, Payroll, and Stripe, and Client E-commerce platforms. If you are proficient on these already, great. Otherwise, you must be willing to learn.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to: monthly reconciliation, creating financial statements with notes (profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash flow), accounts payable administration, and financial management reporting (cost center, investor tracking, and profitability analysis). The role may include data entry for financial transactions when automation did not work. Efficiency, attention to detail, and flexibility are critical in this role.
You MUST have the ability to extract data from multiple sources and compile into accurate, timely reports. This position requires strong critical thinking skills, the ability to learn new tools in a fast-moving environment, and great communication skills.
As Accounting and Finance Manager, you will work closely with client executives and staff to manage day-to-day accounting and data entry tasks. You’ll also provide insightful and trusted reporting and guidance to clients.
- Manage all accounting data entry for various currencies (credit card, cash, Paypal).
- Pull data from multiple sources (CRM, Quickbooks, etc) into Excel to create and maintain flawless reporting.
- Run monthly profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements, full monthly reconciled and accrual accounting financial statements. These reports are consolidated from multiple data sources, and STRONG Excel skills are a must.
- Creating financial statement with complete notes. Generating complete, compelling, concise notes from all sources of information including interviewing client executives and staff, looking through client documents, websites etc. Must have strong integrating and editing skills with Word, able to create reports with formatting such as headers, footers, and secession breaks, and page breaks.
- Provide strong customer service and communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain financial compliance requirements, including with payment gateways and financial institutions.
- Coordinate and interface cross-functionally with the operating divisions of client businesses.
- Proactively raise issues and problem solve for issues with direct or indirect financial impact.
- Accounts payable administration- including paying vendors and contractors.
- Maintain an extreme attention to detail, including maintaining detailed client records.
- Provide consistent, timely, and accurate financial statements that provide a full picture of the financial health and success of the businesses.
- Provide timely and effective management reporting that supports and drives decision making to achieve client company financial goals
- Prepare all payroll transactions, payroll taxes, income taxes for individuals, companies, and organizations, and auditing services timely and with impeccability.
- Zoom for video conferencing
- QuickBooks Online for Accounting
- Bill.com for Internal Control on bill pay
- QuickBooks Full Service Payroll and Patriot Software for payroll
- Audit File for auditing
- Intuit Tax Online/ProConnect for tax preparing
- We facilitate with financial planners and attorneys for client financial and estate planning for our clients.
- High proficiency with QuickBooks Online, including the utilizing of class function and customizing reports.
- Very high level of skill with Excel, Word, and Adobe PDF Professional.
- Strong competency in working with a high volume of banking and credit card transactions coming from multiple payment gateways such as Authorize.net and PayPal.
- Experience with GAAP accrual accounting, including working with aspects of the business that require unique treatment.
- Financial fluency, including creating, preparing, and interpreting financial statements and reports.
- Experience with budget preparation.
- Experience with financial analyses, including margin analyses, cost center review, department profitability, and return on investment.
- Strong ability to communicate financial information to non-financial team members so that they can perform their roles and meet the financial needs of the company.
- Strength in problem solving, including offering multiple options of solutions with costs/benefits.
- Experience with InfusionSoft, HubSpot or another CRM system is a major plus.
- Experience working with executives, demonstrated expertise in anticipating and fulfilling the needs and priorities of others.
- Highly effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills – clear, articulate, authentic, and professional in all settings.
- Comfort with technology and not afraid to pick up and leverage new technologies.
- Experience working in a virtual environment is a plus.
- Able to manage multiple clients project and keep leading the progress of each project to completion at the target time with no reasons and explanations.
- Be able to be the cause, not at the cause.
We are a fast growing company with a work hard, play hard work ethic. We do epic stuff, and we’re in business to make a huge positive impact and serve our entrepreneur-hero clients. We’re all “A” players who are willing to jump in and wear different hats when needed to meet our goals and get things done. We offer competitive result-based compensation for self-managed entrepreneurial professionals. You’ll be getting in early in a fast-growing heart-centered entrepreneurial business. You get to work with and learn from the best people in the industry. And you get the room and tools you need to create and succeed.
If this sounds like a match for you, awesome! We can’t wait to see more about YOU. Here’s what to do next…
Email us at email@example.com. Tell us why you’re the right person for our team. In your application comments, fill in the blank to this sentence “I make a point to ______ every day.”
Please text 949-397-0189 after you send the email (First time email maybe filtered.)
We’ll be reviewing applications over the next few weeks, and if you make the first cut we’ll be in touch with the next step in the application process.
We are growing and we look for people with entrepreneurial passion and skills. Don’t see a job matches your unique skill set? Think you can add something great to our team? Create a video and tell us what you can do and why you would be awesome for our team.
We are quickly expanding and are always on the lookout for exceptional people. We are a small team working to achieve BIG things so every person that joins us has a significant impact on what we become.
Please note: we are a fully virtual company with top notch players, and if you are looking for a short term “feather in your cap” or “mentoring to build your own business” this is not the place for you.
We are not looking for agencies pitching their services; this is for individual contributors who are passionate in serving our entrepreneurial heroes and in being a passionate and innovative entrepreneur him/herself, and do not mind working through the learning and mundane detailed routine works. In another word, we are looking for someone who is willing to commit with us to grow together.